On the subject of longevity, thought it appropriate for the festive season to post some tips on how to combine living longer with having fun... borrowed from website about.com.
1. Be PositiveDon’t fret about getting old. Have a positive attitude about aging and thios can add more than seven years to your life.
2. SmileSmiling can change your attitude. It’s a great way to connect with people, change your outlook and counteract the effects of stress.
3. Drink Red WinePacked with antioxidants which protect your body against aging, but only if you stop at 2 glasses a day.
4. Solve Puzzles and Play Brain Games Mind games are a great way to stay engaged, exercise your mind and entice your curiosity.
5. Eat Dark ChocolateLike red wine, chocolate contains antioxidants. Choose quality dark chocolate and don’t binge... have a bit of it each day.
6. Have More Sex What do you want me to say?
7. Make Exercise PlayAfter all, you're more likely to make it a habit if you enjoy it.
8. Sleep Essential. Most people don’t get enough. Get 7 to 9 hours a night.
9. Spend Time With Loved OnesBeing connected means protection from loneliness, depression, and mental illness.
10. Relax Practice daily relaxation techniques and train yourself to turn off your stress. Replace it with calm energy.
I just checked these 10 tips with my partner and she told me I absolutely don’t get it.
“Boring” to be precise... who cares about living longer??? It’s not about how long you live (unless you’re in the business of life insurance)... it’s about how much fun you can pack into the few years you have.” “Just be present to each and every moment and laugh as much as you can”.
So there you have it... clearly I shouldn't have gone anywhere near this topic.
We wish our readers a wonderful festive season. Stay safe.