Looking out for our vulnerable customers
Pinnacle Life recognises that every customer has their own circumstances. Our normal ways of working are designed to give our team the ability to help each customer in their own way.
Pinnacle Life recognises however that that some clients may, from time to time, face circumstances that place them at greater risk of experiencing negative outcomes. We are committed to supporting our customers through these circumstances – whether they be temporary or permanent – to deliver good customer outcomes throughout their journey with Pinnacle Life.
What does vulnerable look like?
We want to ensure buying or changing a policy, talking to us or making a claim is as easy as possible. If you have specific needs and would like us to consider these, please let us know.
Vulnerabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Your age or life stage
- Deaf, hearing impaired, deafblind, speech and visually impaired or other impact to your well-being (including mental health)
- Language or literacy difficulties (including learning difficulties such as dyslexia and English not being a first language)
- Personal circumstances that may have adversely impacted your physical or mental health (including serious illness, bereavement or separation)
How do we support our vulnerable customers?
If we think a customer may be vulnerable, whether through our identification or if you have told us, we will:
- Immediately make a record
- Provide you with additional ways of communicating with us or additional information to support you with any request you may have
- Ask if there is anybody who can assist you with the conversation
- Offer you the opportunity to complete the transaction after a period of further consideration or after you've had the chance to discuss with someone else
If we can’t help you, we will try and make sure you understand what alternative options are available to you.
If you would like to register as a vulnerable customer, call us on 0800 22 22 23, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.