This policy pays cash to pay for your funeral so when the time comes your family will have one thing less to worry about.
Here’s the basics:
Getting a policy
- You choose the amount that’s right for you and your family, from $7,500 to $25,000. Our calculator may help you decide the amount that's right for you.
- You have to be aged between 30 and 75 to get a policy, and be a New Zealand citizen, or have a valid NZ residency visa and be living in New Zealand.
- You won’t need to answer any questions about your health.
- You’ll automatically get a 10% discount on your payments for the first 2 years
- You’ll save an additional 20% on your payments if you buy a joint policy. A joint policy covers both you and your partner and pays out on each death.
- All of our policies have a 30 day free look period, so you can buy with confidence.
Once your policy is in place
- Your payments remain the same each year, without ever increasing (the online discount will drop off after the first two years).
- You’ll only pay for this policy until aged 85, after which your cover continues free of charge until you die.
- You choose how you pay – monthly, half yearly or annually and by direct debit, credit card, automatic payment or via internet banking.
- If you have 2 or more Pinnacle Life policies paid by direct debit from one bank account, the second and subsequent policies will be discounted by $24 per year.
- You can decrease your cover or cancel this policy at any time without penalty.
When you need to claim on your policy
- You’ll be covered for accidental death for the first two years and for any cause of death after that.
- If you die in the first two years, and your death was not accidental, we’ll return all the payments to your chosen beneficiary.
- Your claim will be paid in New Zealand Dollars within 24 hours of acceptance, to the beneficiary of your choice, anywhere in the world.
- We don’t tell you what to do with the payment, so you and your family can organise the goodbye of your choice.