This policy provides for those you leave behind and helps them pay the mortgage, invest in your children’s education, put food on the table and pay the bills.
If you have Life Cover with us we’ll pay a tax free lump-sum to the owner of the policy (or their estate) if you die, or earlier if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
If you have an existing life insurance policy with another Life Insurance company you can either:
- apply for a new or replacement policy, if you like our new policy quote, or
- apply to save 20% on your existing life insurance premiums through our Switch process.
Here’s the basics:
Getting a policy
- You choose the amount that’s right for you, from $50,000 to $2 million ($100,000 to $1.5 million online). Our calculator may help you decide the amount that's right for you.
- You have to be aged between 18 and 75 to get a policy. You can apply online if you are aged 20 to 69 and living in NZ, Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Hong Kong or Singapore. If you are outside the online age range please contact us.
- You might be offered extra cover, such as cover in the event you are diagnosed with a serious illness.
- If you’re accepted online (and 3 out of 4 people are) you’ll be covered by the end of the application process.
- You’ll get a 10% discount for the first year if you apply online, and you might also be eligible for further discounts.
- If you apply for a joint life policy, you will be eligible for a joint policy discount.
- All of our policies have a 30 day free look period, so you can buy with confidence.
Once your policy is in place
- When life changes – you get married, divorced, take out a mortgage or become a parent, you may be able to increase your cover by up to 50% with no medical questions asked,
- Your cover will increase with inflation, but you can turn this off at any time.
- You can decrease your cover or cancel your policy at any time without penalty.
- You choose how you pay – monthly, half yearly or annually and by direct debit, credit card, automatic payment or via internet banking.
- If you have 2 or more Pinnacle Life policies paid by direct debit from one bank account, the second and subsequent policies will be discounted by $24 per year.
- Your payments will increase each year as you get older.
When you need to claim on your policy
- You will get a cash lump-sum (up to $2 million depending on the cover amount you’ve selected) if you die, or earlier if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Your life cover won’t expire; as long as your payments are up-to-date your cover will continue until you die and we pay your claim.
- Your claim will be paid in New Zealand Dollars anywhere in the world, to the person who owns the policy.
- Your policy will be reinsured by Hannover Life Re, one of the largest reinsurers of life insurance in the world.