Adding Trauma cover to your life policy will ease the burden if you suffer from one of the covered conditions
Choose the trauma cover that suits you – choose serious Illness to cover the four most common illnesses that lead to claims under this type of cover or Critical Illness which covers a wider range of illnesses.
Here’s the basics:
- When you apply for a life cover policy online, you may have the option of adding a 25% serious illness cover to your policy. If it isn’t offered to you just contact us and we’ll arrange a quote for you.
- Unless you’re applying to switch your existing life insurance policy to us, you’ll need to contact us to add critical illness to your existing Pinnacle Life policy. It can be added as an advanced payment benefit or as a standalone cover on your life policy.
- You can apply for these covers if you are aged 20 to 59 and living in NZ, Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Hong Kong or Singapore.
- All of our policies have a 30 day free look period, so you can buy with confidence.
Once your policy is in place
- When life changes – you get married, divorced, take out a mortgage or become a parent, you may be able to increase your cover by up to 50% with no medical questions asked,
- You can decrease your trauma cover or remove it from your life cover policy at any time without penalty.
- Your payments will increase each year as you get older.
- Trauma cover ends when you turn 70.
When you need to claim on your policy
- You will get a cash lump-sum payment of up to $625,000 (depending on the cover amount you’ve selected).
- If you’ve chosen an advance payment benefit then your level of life cover will reduce by that amount, otherwise your life cover will continue at the same level as before.
- Your claim will be paid in New Zealand Dollars anywhere in the world, to the person who owns the policy.
- Your policy will be reinsured by Hannover Life Re, one of the largest reinsurers of life insurance in the world